Debutots Franchise Review
Working within the children’s franchise sector you will develop a lifestyle business working around your needs whilst engaging children from 6 months upwards. You’ll be passionate, outgoing and enjoy working with babies to junior school aged children.
Introduction to Debutots:
- Debutots began franchising in 2007 and have a network of 14 franchisees,
- Group adventure classes that combine learning and play for children aged 6 months to 7 years.
- The franchisor is based in Bristol; meets BFA Associate membership standards but is currently a non member.
Qualities they are seeking in a franchisee:
- Franchisees need to be able to take a sense of pride to run Debutots in their local community.
- A good understanding of numeracy is also important – to enable them to run the business.
- No criminal record – DBS will be required
- Depending on a territory they may need a car. However, equipment is minimal so if public transport links are good then a driving licence is not needed.
Day-to-day activity (typical session):
- 1) Practitioner would arrive – check room is tidy and clean and set up room and their music.
- 2) Welcome Children (and parents where applicable)
- 3) Start class- use class plan to deliver the session (age specific). The class will be planned around a specific story. With babies it is quite multi sensory- using bubbles and puppets and music. In baby story play- welcome song would be played
- 5) Group moves into the bubbles to find the puppet
- 6) Once all children have met puppet they listen to a short and interactive story where parents and carers support children to interact.
- 7) Group is then on their feet and they journey in action through the story.
For older children- no bubbles and puppet- more about using drama techniques- creating an enabling environment for the children to actively contribute to create their own version of the story.
Key Selling Points:
- Lots of success with English as a second language children and children with communication difficulties. Empowering environment so Children are more at ease to express themselves etc.
- Classes are very unique- i.e the use of story and the stories themselves are written by Debutots- and are therefore exclusive to Debutots.
- Providing a service so that nurseries and schools can outsource with out the overheads of an employee and strong links with national curriculum.
- Network of franchisees are very loyal and supportive- i.e. a core network of experienced franchisees. There is a very active franchisee forum- with quick response rates to queries from the network.
Debutots Franchise Review Business Model
- Franchise Fee: £7,320 + VAT
- Total Investment: £12,000
- Established Earnings: Varies dependent on whether Part time/ Full time
- Funding Available: Upto 100%
If you’re interested in starting a Debutots Franchise you may be entitled to FREE start-up support through the FranchsingWorks Programme which includes vetting, research, business planning, financial planning and support in accessing franchise funding. Please complete the enquiry form to book a free consultation.